January is my least favorite month of the year. It is a cold, often foggy, boring month. As all the Christmas lights get turned off I feel like the light has gone out of my soul. There is really nothing exciting to look forward to except spring. But on the bright side-I might as well get the worst month over with first, then I can enjoy the rest of the year! As I think back on this past year I must admit that it was a pretty good year. It started off with great saddness when our niece Katijo and her husband Jeff lost their precious baby, Hadley. She was only fourteen months old. I can only imagine the heartache they must feel daily. It seems so unfair when parents have to bury their child. Someday I'm sure the Lord will help us understand why.
Tori got baptized in March. It was a very exciting day for her. I know it will always mean a lot to her that her daddy did it. I hope she has happy memories of that day.
In March we found out (the hard way) that Kayla is allergic to milk. She spent twenty-four hours in the hospital. I believe that it was a blessing in disguise. She went to see a specialist who tested her for a few other things. She is also allergic to eggs, oats, apples, strawberries, blueberries, beef, turkey, nuts and cats-and who knows what else! Hopefully she will outgrow many of them. She is very healthy and we are all very grateful for that.
We had a lot of good times with our families. We spend time together on Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, at ballgames, camping and hunting. We are blessed to live by our families and be a part of each others lives. We went to Yellowstone twice this year with Kevin's brother Kyle and his family. We had a great time.
Our year ended with our family being blessed with another member. My niece Ashley and her husband Tyson welcomed their first baby; Krew. He had a health problem but thanks to the doctors and the Lord he is home and doing very well.
We have been blessed with good health, love of our family, happy memories, peace in our lives, good friends, safety, and knowledge of the gospel and the love the Lord has for each of us. 2008 was a nice year-here's to 2009-may it be just as good-if I can just survive January!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are getting good at this blogging stuff! I love your header picture! Way to figure that out! (It usually takes me a few minutes to remember how to do it!) I'm with you, I think January is so cold and dark! We should all be required to keep our christmas lights up for the month!
Your header picture is beautiful! I love it! But BRRR!! It looks so cold! What a year! I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for us!
We've definately had our ups and downs in 2008. I'm just glad that it ended on a good note. I'm looking forward to a wonderful 2009.
Post a Comment