Frederick E. Kruse wrote:
Somewhere between the youthful energy of a teenager and the golden years of a woman's life, there lives a marvelous and loving person known as "Mother."
A mother is a curious mixture of patience, kindness, understanding, discipline, industriousness, purity, and love. A mother can be--at the same time--both "lovelorn counselor" to a heartsick daughter and head football coach to an athletic son.
A mother can sew the tiniest stitch in the material for that dainty prom dress, and she is equally experienced in threading through the heaviest traffic with a station wagon.
A mother is the only creature on earth who can cry when she's happy, laugh when she's heartbroken, and work when she's feeling ill. A mother is as gentle as a lamb and as strong as a giant. Only a mother can appear so weak and helpless, yet be the one to put the fruit jar lid on so tightly that even Dad can't get it off.
A mother is a picture of helplessness when Dad is near, and a marvel of resourcefulness when she is all alone.
A mother has the angelic voice of a member of the celestial choir as she sings a lullaby to a baby cradled in her arms, yet she can dwarf the sound of an amplifier when she calls her boys in for dinner.
A mother has the fascinating ability to be almost everywhere at once, and she alone can somehow squeeze an enormous amout of living into an average day.
A mother is "old-fashioned" to her teenager; just "Mom" to her third grader; and simply "Momma" to the little two-year old. But there is no greater thrill in life than to point to that wonderful woman and be able to say to all the world, "That's my mother!"
**********************************************************
This will be the first Mother's Day I will not be able to give my mom a hug. I never realized how much I would miss that simple act. I feel blessed to be able to watch all of you in your role as a mother. You are all wonderful, loving moms and I hope you have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing that. I seem to forget often how important it really is to be a mom.
I love this post! There is absolutly no one in this world that has impacted my entire life more than my mom! Mom's are great!
I loved that! Thanks Rosie!! I hope you have a great Mother's Day!! You deserve it! Love ya!! :)
Post a Comment