Monday, December 1, 2008

Decembrrr

Today is the first day of the best month of the year! Christmas Day is great but I like preparing for it even more. These are my favorite things about the holidays: I love Christmas music. I like singing it at church, hearing it on the radio and while shopping. I could listen to it all year long. My favorite song is O Holy Night- Josh Groban sings the best version! I love the lights. Even one strand on a house makes it look festive. I like being in my living room at night with only the village and tree lights on-it's very relaxing. I love Christmas stories. I have a book of them that I have saved from various sources. They usually have great messages and help me get in the spirit of the holiday. My friend gave me a book of Christmas stories for my birthday which I am enjoying. I love the decorations. Even though I seem to have the same ones year after year, I still like them. It's fun to see all the displays in the stores. I love gift giving. It's nice to think of friends, neighbors and family. Even the shopping is usually enjoyable, if done early enough! I love the excitement that the kids have as they anticipate Christmas morning. Christmas is the best when you have a child around you. I guess I love almost everything about this month--except for the cold weather! I'm wishing everyone a happy month as we prepare to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

tyson and ashley said...

Rosie! Thanks for your email! I deleted it! I love December too! There's just a different feeling in the air this time of year! Oh Holy Night is also my favorite Christmas song! I get goosebumps every time I hear it! I hope you guys have happy holidays! We love you guys! =)