Monday, January 12, 2009

Figure it out

Now that we are no longer thinking of Christmas constantly here's something to occupy your minds:
Aunt Emily moved to an old farmhouse by herself. On the main floor were three light switches that controlled three lights in the basement. Emily wanted to know which light switch corresponded to each light but only wanted to make one trip to the basement to find out. How
could she do that?
The answer is now in the comment section

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Thank you for the birthday card Rosie!! Love you!!

Ryan and Alisha said...

Yes, I'm still here. My camera broke and I haven't really had the time to be on my computer! Hopefully I can figure out the answer to your trivia!

tyson and ashley said...

I can never figure out your riddles and trivia's! You should tell us the answer!!

Bonnie said...

OK--I know how I would figure out which switch was which--(maybe not how she does!) so send us the answer!

rosie said...

ANSWER: Aunt Emily flipped on one light switch for five minutes, then turned it off. She flipped a second switch and went to the basement. When she checked the lights, the bulb corresponding to the first switch would be off, but warm. The second light would be on, and the third one would be off but cool since it had never been turned on!