Easter weekend was very nice. On Saturday, Kevin and I had an egg hunt for the kids. All three got bunny ears to wear. (The picture below was taken on Sunday). They looked very cute. We hid 70+ plastic eggs, all filled with treats. Kayla grasped the whole egg hunt idea very quickly. After all the eggs were found, we went inside where they hunted for small gifts and a new summer outfit. Tori got a bit frustrated because some of hers were hidden a bit too well-I'll have to remember that next year! After the hunts we had supper. Kevin and I enjoyed having them over. On Sunday afternoon we all went over to Grandpa and Grandma's house for the traditional dinner and egg hunt. We have done this since my boys were small. There was about forty people there. We always have a great time. After dinner the kids go in the living room so they can't see the backyard. The dads go out and hide the candy treats. Grandma shows the kids what they will be hunting for-they get one of everything. After the kids fill their baskets the adults leave while the kids hide candy bars for them. Titan watched me find the one he had hidden then he told me it was his. I guess he thought he was hiding it for himself! What a fun kid he is. We had a nice weekend and the weather even cooperated!

Easter sunday was also Kevin's dad's 85th birthday. With all the great grandkids that were there, he had plenty of help blowing out the candles on his cake. (there was a lot more than five kids there!) Lloyd is a great man who loves his family very much. I am blessed to have him as a father in law, my sons have been blessed to have him as their grandpa, and he is great with the great-grand kids too. I hope he is around to celebrate many more healthy and happy birthdays!!

Our neighbors let their chickens roam-which means they spend a lot of time in our yard. This weekend Kevin found this hen in our shed. She had pulled an old hand towel to one corner and put dry grass around it. She is now sitting on eleven eggs. She is a different breed of chicken and the eggs are smaller than the ones I buy. I don't know if they will hatch but it would be fun for the kids if they do.


Update: The neighbor knew we want to plant a garden so he caught his chickens and put them in a pen. We found out that the hen had been caged about three days later-too late to save the chicks-if there were chicks.
2 comments:
Are those actual daffodils growing in your yard (or did you plant plastic ones???)
Up here next to the mountains, we still have snow, barely any green showing on even the earliest trees and NO flowers. I think a few trees might bud out next week--small signs of that. If you go 5 miles down into the valley you get the popcorn trees, etc. But not a bit here.
Cute pics of the kids! Looks like it was a fun Easter!
Hooray for some nice Spring weather! Looks like you guys had a great Easter! And yes, Gracie is fully potty trained. She did it all on her own before Isaac was born. I didn't have to do a thing! (Just encouragement!) That was nice!!
Post a Comment