Tori started soccer in mid April. Two of the five games were cancelled because of the weather. Yesterday's game SHOULD have been because it rained the entire game. Parents had umbrellas but the poor girls were drenched by the time it was over. Luckily, I took my camera on an evening when the weather was good. Tori's team hasn't won a game yet but she is learning and having fun. She gets better every game. I love that she tries hard. 
Tori and Jason watching from the sidelines. (Titan took this picture)
Titan wanted me to take his picture too. He will be able to play soccer next year. He can already dribble and kick quite well. I am looking forward to watching him play. I think he is going to be a little athlete.
Tori's school had a talent show this week. Every child that wanted to be in it had to try out in front of all the classes their age. I think there are three third grade classes. Each class then voted for two "acts" to perform for the entire school. Tori and a friend (Haley),who takes Tavaci with her, tried out together. They sang Tobey Keith's song called "I want to talk about me". They were voted to perform at the talent show! They did a great job even though they were the very last to perform. I guess it's true when they say "Last the best of all the game!" Nice job Tori, I was very proud of you. (I know the picture is dark, but it will help her remember the day)
I got this envelope in the mail the other day. It is from the US postal service. Inside was a two inch piece of my check (the part with our name and address), a two inch piece of my credit card bill (with only the amount of the check) and the right part of the envelope I sent my payment in. The red stamp on their envelope says: FOUND LOOSE IN MAILS. YOUR MAIL WAS DAMAGED OR DELAYED BY PROCESSING IN HIGH TECHNICAL MACHINERY--WE HOPE THAT WE HAVE NOT CAUSED YOU ANY INCONVENIENCE. PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGY-USPS So my concern is where is the parts with my bank account number, my signature, and my credit card number?? I just pray they were torn to shreds and that some dishonest person doesn't have them. Remember this someday when you know you have sent a payment to someone but they say they didn't receive it-maybe a technical machine ate it! I guess I should be grateful that enough of it was left to send back to me-at least I know what happened. UPDATE: The other pieces were sent to the bank-then they forwarded them to me. Thank goodness for small blessings-and piece of mind!
I have a new church calling! I will be teaching the CTR8 class. It sounds like it will be a challenge-there are six vivacious boys and two girls. They are all very cute but they will be a handful. I haven't taught in Primary for seventeen years-wish me luck----and patience!!!
4 comments:
between you and bonnie , you two have alot of patience :) Some I wish I had more of. The kids are growing so fast, so cute....
They are growing up way fast! They are all so cute too! I love teaching primary! Little kids just have the sweetest spirits! You will do a great job with them!
Hi rosie I remember your blog adress so now I can keep tabs on you.
Jaime
I'll bet Tori is having so much fun with soccer! My boys are both playing and loving every minute of it!!!! And Yes..I hate the rain, esp for soccer!
Post a Comment